a powerful relationship marketing platform
80k+businesses in 160 countries served
10Merixstudio’s team members
100million emails/sms per day
problems to solve
Sendinblue is an innovative Saas solution that empowers small and medium-sized businesses to build relationships through marketing campaigns, transactional messaging and marketing automation. Sendinblue was acclaimed 14th Fastest Growing Company in Europe by the Financial Times (2018).
The Client reached out to Merixstudio with a need for qualified support in a rapid scale-up of the startup. The key challenge for Merixstudio was to smoothly and quickly align themselves with the existing product and maintain collaborative work in a culturally-diverse multi-timezone setup.
We have composed a dedicated, self-managed team, including Scrum Master, UX designer, QA specialists, front-end and back-end engineers. The headcount varied between 7 and 10 as the team size was adjusted to the current project needs. The biggest extension concerned QA and UX teams, which resulted from the necessity to audit the client’s design and perform automated UI tests. More detailed information on team fluctuations is presented in the chart below.
One of the major challenges of the project was the effective remote cooperation of teams located in Poland, France and India. To successfully handle the workflow with an almost 5-hour time zone difference, all sides needed to understand the crucial role of communication and fully comply with the jointly agreed terms of cooperation. We achieved tangible results by harnessing the best Agile and Scrum practices, in particular:
- organizing our work into 2-week sprints that synchronized planning-related activities, increased our focus and allowed us to update our thinking,
- conducting daily meetings with dedicated people from all teams to keep up-to-date with the development process
- setting up several channels on Slack to cover different topics for constant communication
- keeping the essential information about tasks and processes in JIRA and Confluence
- arranging regular reviews to demonstrate the effects of work, update the status of the project and collaborate on the plan ahead
designing emailing automation templates
creating customized HTML email layouts by dragging and dropping various blocks including text blocks, clickable buttons, and images
scheduling emails to be sent at a particular time. Machine learning-powered algorithm suggests a time to achieve the best possible engagement with contacts
providing real-time statistics about deliverability, open and click-through rates, heat map
optimizing contact management with 8 out-of-the-box automation workflow templates
collecting the email addresses and contact information with custom forms, contact segmentation, custom contact fields.