It was actually harder to get secret information about Piotr than I thought. Piotr is working at Merixstudio as a Project Manager. When he joined our team, he already had over five years of experience in project management. But... I know that's not what you are expected... Piotr is probably the main user of our mini oven and he produces a lot of open-faced toasted cheese sandwiches every month. He is known for his love for cycling - he probably was born with a bike. I'm sure that this is the sport that he wants to plant in his little son's mind. By the way, the family is crucial for Piotr who is a real family guy. However, it doesn't mean that Piotr is boring. It's quite the opposite, and it's clear especially during Merixstudio's parties. To prove this, check out photos from the Halloween party when Piotr won a ribbon for the best costume. I'm aware that you could have a problem to recognise him so... the nun. Yep, it was a great party... strange things happened then, am I right Piotr? But what happens during Merixstudio's parties stays in Merixstudio. In contrast to the following interview ;)
- Tell us something about yourself.
Ohhh... what can I say? I'm a Project Manager related to IT sector for more than ten years. Offstage I'm a happy father of the two years old son.
- What are your main responsibilities at Merxistudio?
As I said, at Merixstudio I’m a Project Manager, but since I have been working with SCRUM, I lean toward Product Owner role. In general, I'm responsible for optimizing the development process what has a different meaning for each group involved in the process.
Look at this smug smile! Piotr is going in for the kill and has yet another #certificate to prove it🎓 From now on you know who to contact when looking for an advice regarding #agilemethodology! 😏 #proud #progress #learning #projectmanagement #AgilePM #agile #projectmanager #happy #office #officelife #webdevelopment #softwarehouse #poznan #poland
- What is important to you while working?
First of all communication, I'm keen on managing by walking around ;)
- Tell us something about your beginnings in the company.
Honestly, after first few days, I got the feeling I have been working here for years. I'm grateful to my Team Leader - Piotr (yes, we have a lot of Piotrs here) who has prepared my onboarding process very well. Therefore, it was painless.
- What have you learned while working in Merixstudio?
I've learned how annoying new MacBook Pro's Magic Mouse might be... :P
- What do you like the most about Merixstudio?
Colleagues and the atmosphere ;)
- What was the biggest challenge you faced while working at the Merixstudio?
One of the internal projects - well, everybody knows how tough they are when it comes to finding "resources"...
- What cool things have you worked on at Merixstudio?
Everything is splendid! Now I'm very, very involved in our internal project!
- When did you make a decision that you want to work in IT?
Hmm... it's hard to define when exactly but I think it was more or less after I had come to Poznań to study. I started my career as a junior account in one of the interactive agency located in Poznań. It’s only taken a few short weeks, and I realised that I perfectly find myself in tech matters. Of course, I started with basics, and, in time, IT has become the hobby that I was cherishing after hours. It was not only because I wanted to be up-to-date but also I loved (and still love) it very much.
- What do you think is most difficult (and most interesting) in your work as a Project Manager?
Working with people - I think about team members as well as clients.
- The first thing you do when you arrive at the office.
Put all my lunch boxes in a fridge.
- iOS or Android?
- What do you do in your free time?
I try to spend as much time as I can with my family, but I always have some time reserved for a self-development.
- The best hero from your childhood is…
Fabien Barthez - the best goalkeeper in the history of Manchester United.
- Where is your favorite place in Poznań?
Each playground where I can spend time with my son!
- Beer or vodka?
Beer, and more specifically the wheat beer.
- Dog or cat?
Big, hairy dog - you know the one looks like a walking mop.
- Which website do you visit the most?
I have a set of favorites sites - one of them is YouTube where I have a few subscribed channels I watch every day.
- Favorite app.
- The light or dark side?
It all depends... but in general, I like dark site better than light one.
- If you could only visit one website for the rest of your life, what site would that be?
YouTube of course!
- If you could have your dream job, what it would be?
Product Owner at Merixstudio! :) On the other hand, I adore manual works, so maybe construction worker would be a great job to give it a try.
- Four things you would like to bring to a desert island with you…
1) My Kindle
2) A photo of my family if I have to go there alone
3) An axe
4) A boat to escape from that cursed island
Look at people & events section to read previous interviews and learn about Merixstudio's gang :)