what we offer
All applications go through a lifecycle - modernization is a journey, not a destination. A system that may not be considered legacy now may become outdated next year due to the pace of technological change, shifting skillset availability and cost, as well as changing business needs.
A successful software modernization is much more than just moving data to the cloud.
It's an opportunity to transform the way an organization works.
modernization strategies that we follow
lifting a portion of an entire existing application from your on-premise infrastructure and shifting it to the cloud with few or no modifications to the code
- want to start with moving to the cloud
- need minimal disruption to the application
- can't change the application's architecture
- fastest modernization at lowest cost
- no major changes = no unexpected costs
- new horizon of leveraging cloud services
making major changes to your application's code or configuration in order to move it to the cloud without impacting its external behavior; architecture of existing application remains unchanged
- want to add feature, improve performance or scale the application, but it can't be done in the application's existing state
- need to make important code changes to enable migration to the cloud
- reduced cost of future maintenance
- good benefit-cost ration fostering growth
- stability and flexibility ensured by cloud solutions
rebuilding your application from the ground up by creating new functionalities to replace and retire existing applications; includes updating the application architecture for a fully modern stack
- use the application that is too old and outdated to spend any more time and money maintaining it
- get more valute from rebuilding an outdated application than sustaing it
- solution fully tailored to your needs
- future-proof design created with maintenance in mind
- leveraging full power of the cloud
technologies we trust
user-centric modernization process
To meet modernization goals, strategy and tactics must work in tandem. With the well-structured process of creating a modernization roadmap come battle-tested techniques for achieving success in each of its phases. Harness the power of our user-centric team approach and proven methods that lead to flawless software modernization.
value proposition, competetive analysis, context map canvas, user journey, stakeholders analysis, service blueprint, event storming (big picture)
UX research, UX audit, competitors
& similar solution analysis
context mapping, architecture review, Dev/QA processes, integration, deployment, source code, database structure, security, infrastructure
user personas, story mapping, value/effort matrix, MoSCoW, event storming (design-level)
pre-development at a glance
What we do:
- identifying, mapping, and understanding your business processes
- learning your modernization goals
- deep knowledge of your product and processes
- scope of assessment
What we do:
analyzing your system from the user perspective including available data analysis, observations and interviews with users
+ Tech discovery
examining your system from the technical side, including architecture, critical areas of the solution and the technology used for its implementation
- UX assessment report
- technical assessment report
What we do:
- discussing current state assessments' outcomes
- conducting a few-days workshop session to define user needs + business needs + technical problems that will lead us to propose a new solution
- current vs future state analysis & recommendations
- concept of the new solution
What we do:
- determining modernization value
- defining priorities, estimating costs & planning next steps
- detailed roadmap & modernization plan
- requirements and scope of work for the first phase
- estimation & timeline for the first phase
why is it worth to
modernize with us
Create the perfect modernization scenario through our unique user-centric software modernization process
Improve user experience & performance of your software at once by taking advantage of our cross-functional modernization team
Integrate your legacy software with SaaS products and other systems
Reduce risks & costs by leveraging the power of the cloud
Adopt new emerging technologies like Machine Learning, AI, Big Data
Deliver new features in weeks instead of months
Work with our
Our cloud engineers and designers have years of experience in bringing systems up to date in a methodical manner that's oriented towards meeting modernization goals.
Your modernization team could look like that:
9+ years of experience
9+ years of experience
10+ years of experience
5+ years of experience
8+ years of experience
How does Merixstudio determine the cost of the legacy modernization project?
Estimation of every software development process – especially software modernization – is challenging. Predicting time and cost of the project requires understanding what you want to achieve and what is possible in your case. To recognize all business challenges, we work closely with you and your domain experts; that’s the pre-development stage. During this phase, we focus on gathering deep knowledge of your product and processes through technology audit, UX audit, and other types of analysis necessary to discover weaknesses and strengths of your legacy software. Then, based on the outcome, we work on the future solution. In short, we organize workshop sessions that include experts from both our and your side to shape the vision, prepare a perfect modernization scenario, and predict time and cost.
Can you help me if the technology used by our application is not your specialty?
Yes, Merixstudio has specialists in many technologies and tools, and we’re not tied only to ones we have expertise in. For the Lift & Shift, we don’t require much interference with the application. In Complete Rewrite we can select well-suited technologies at the planning stage. Augment & Refactor involves a review of the current solution to provide details. We can answer questions and dispel doubts via an assessment process performed in the Current state phase.
What do you need from my side to start the modernization process?
To be able to assess the current state precisely, we need your involvement in the process. Any documentation regarding the tools and solutions, integrations, architecture, and infrastructure will be helpful. If you have technical people and developers on your side to help, putting us in touch with them will be much appreciated. To see the full picture, we will need access at a read-only level to codebase, application, and infrastructure.
How do you choose the modernization approach?
Merixstudio’s proposition is based on business and technical assessment. This part of the process gathers details about requirements that the modernization should meet. We also take into consideration any vision that you may have. All this data gives us a good understanding of the ground we’re starting on and allows to select the best approach.
Can you cooperate with our developers on the modernization process?
Yes, Merixstudio has experience working in augmentation with other teams. We will define how we are going to work together to fulfill the modernization goal during the Future vision and Modernization roadmap planning phases.