Up Your eGame
- User Experience
- Responsive Web Design
Up Your eGameUp Your eGame is a premium quality connection platform for gamers and esports teams. The passionate-about-games founders of the platform wanted to make recruitment and team building easier for gamers. UYEG lets them spend less time selecting and organizing teammates and more time playing the games they love with the people they want to play with.
While working on the project, we took a holistic approach and lead the Clients through the A-to-Z process of product design, development, and post-release support.
The Client reached out to us with a rough product idea and an outline of its key objectives. Prior to kicking-off the development we needed to get to the stage when we have a clear shape of the product and the solid action plan. We decided, therefore to begin with an online Product Discovery Workshop in which participated both UYeG founders and our multidisciplinary team.
Next, we proceeded with working on the MVP version of the project starting with wireframing that was kept 4 sprints ahead of the proper development. In management, we followed Scrumban methodology accompanied by Scrum events such as Daily, Review, plus ad-hoc Plannings, Refinements, and Retrospectives.
Among the key features were:
- advanced user profiles (possibility to create profiles by the players displaying social links, description, time zone, games, reviews, trophies, friends, posts);
- dedicated teams (scheduling game times, sharing important information, setting up a team page, and recruiting new members);
- alliances (creating the associations of several teams, with special requirements and individual systems of operations);
- gamification (unlocking various trophies through actions taken on the site, and displaying them on the profiles so that players can show off their achievements);
- recruitment board (a complete listing of open positions for joining a particular game crew along with an overview of requirements, stats, and another information as well as a possibility to apply)
- messaging system (an in-built messaging system enabling peer-to-peer, team-to-team and group chats);
- social features (likes, comments, content flagging and moderation).
The project demonstrated how meaningful could be a strong UX support not only on the early stage when creating the shape of the app but also later when optimising the app based on GA or Hot Jar data.